Does Your Business Really Need a Website?
Hyland Graphic Design & Advertising, a West Chester, PA Website Developmet firm provides insights and expertise on four key elements that should be considered in any website design.
You’ve probably been told that having a website is essential to growing your business. Does your business really need a website, or is it still possible for your company to flourish without one?
The answer to that question depends on a number of factors. Here are some things you should think about in order to help you decide.
Even though your business may be relatively small, there are still plenty of good reasons to consider having a website, a few of these are:
- By and large, the Internet has replaced phone books as the primary resource for business information.
- If prospects and customers can’t find you on the Internet, they won’t likely know your company exists.
- Your competitors most likely have websites. If you don’t, consumers will be contacting them instead of you.
- Reviewing your website is something most consumers will do before choosing between you and your competition.
- The Internet is often the first place people turn to when looking for contact information.
- Having a website ensures consumers are able to find your company quickly and easily.
- The Internet is always awake, making your business visible 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
While the above points are clearly positive benefits, you may NOT need a website if:
- You already have more business than you can handle. (Should business activity inevitably drop off, however, a website is a good way to help prevent a business slow-down.)
- Your website is shoddy or unprofessional. It’s obviously better not to have a website than to have a shoddy one that doesn’t appropriately represent your company in the marketplace.
- Your page is messy, has broken links, or poorly written content. If this is the case, people will question the quality of work you perform, and are more likely to take their business elsewhere anyway.
Should you decide that you need a website for your business, we would be happy to help you create one that not only will reflect your brand and help draw new customers in, but will also resize automatically to fit smartphones and tablet devices. To find out more about our website starter package, please contact us for an estimate.