A growing number of businesses prefer to outsource their web design projects to web design companies rather than handling things in-house. Web design outsourcing not only helps bring down the cost of web development but also streamlines the process for businesses.
If you are thinking of outsourcing your web design projects, you might be wondering:
- Should I outsource my web design and web development projects?
- How would it help my organization?
- How to choose the right agency?
This quick guide to outsourcing your web design project will answer all these questions and more.
Why Outsource Web Design?
When you outsource web design, you can expect to experience the following benefits:
- Saves budget – Outsourcing web design is more cost-effective compared to building an in-house web development team. When you hire a web development company in Philadelphia PA, you can reduce web design costs in the long term. The average cost of hiring an in-house web designer is $90,000 a year whereas a web design company can offer the same quality at a significantly lower price.
- Saves time – Working with an in-house team of web designers means you must go through rigorous company processes, which can take a lot of time. On the other hand, when you outsource a web design agency in Chester County, PA, you can switch between different projects without being an integral part of your team. You can schedule them into the process as and when you need them. This includes making web edits, adding some new code or getting rid of some bugs.
- Access to the latest design trends – Web design agencies invest in technology to provide the best solutions to their clients. From the latest in technology and tools to the latest trends in web design, they bring them all. In short, when you outsource web design, you get access to the latest technology and trends.
- A web design company can build a high-quality website – When you are looking for custom web development services, outsourcing to an expert ensures you get a better-quality output. Hiring a third-party UX design specialist may cost more than what you are currently paying your in-house designer, but you can be sure that the UX expert will deliver better results.
- Allows you to focus on your core business – When you outsource web design, it frees up your time to focus on the core aspects of your business. You can use this time to grow your business, improve your marketing, boost your clientele and more.
When Should You Outsource Web Design?
There are several reasons why you’d want to outsource web design to a web designer nearby, no matter the scope of your project or the business you are in!
Here are some of the top reasons to outsource web design:
- You are a start-up with a limited budget and need maximum returns on your investment.
- The price of hiring an in-house team in your area is higher than outsourcing to a web design company.
- You are looking for fresh insights for your web design projects.
- You require a one-time service and don’t want the hassle of hiring an in-house team of web designers.
- Your current website is not hitting the desired conversion rates and other KPIs and goals.
- The terms of hiring a web development company suit you better.
- You need features and functionality that only an experienced web developer would know how to implement on your website.
Tips to outsource web design
So you’ve decided to outsource web design. What next?
Wondering how to find the right website design companies near me? What to consider when choosing a company? How much should you pay?
Follow these tips to find the right web design agency for your projects.
Step 1 – Define your goal
Every web design project is different. So before you talk to a web designer nearby, it’s important to establish your requirements. This includes determining your goals and roadblocks if any.
Here are some questions to answer:
- What’s the goal of the website?
- What pain points will this project solve?
- What is your vision for the project?
- What is your budget?
- Who is the target audience?
- What is the solution your users can expect from your project?
- What are your expectations from the web development project?
Step 2: Define your requirements
Once you have a clear vision for your project, it’s time to outline the nitty-gritty details. Consider all the features you want for your website. Here are some questions to consider when defining your requirements for web design outsourcing:
- What type of web solution do you need – a standard website or an e-commerce store?
- What are the essential features you want for your website?
- What are some additional features you want to add?
- Are you looking for any unique features to attract users that you like?
- Are you starting from scratch, or do you have an existing solution you want to redesign or build on?
- Create a checklist for the type of specialists you need for your project – designers, developers, copywriters, QA team, marketing team, database managers, SEO experts?
Step 3: Outline the time frame
Every project has unexpected changes that can disturb the timeline. Yet, it’s important to set a timeline to make sure your resources are being used to the fullest.
Here are some factors that can affect the timeline of your project:
- The scope of the project
- The scale of your project
- Number of features you need
- Quality control
Based on the complexity of your web development project and how many features you need, the project may take from six weeks to six months to complete the website project.
Step 4: Shortlist and choose the right web design company
Once you have a list of web design companies, it’s time to dig deep and choose one that you feel is the right fit for your project. Here are some things to consider:
- Company portfolio and past projects
- Experience in your niche
- Client reviews and testimonials
- Strong online presence from their social networking profiles
Ready to Outsource Your Web Design Project?
At Hyland Graphic Design & Advertising, we provide custom web design and development solutions to businesses across the greater Philadelphia area. No matter the scale or scope of your project, we can help!
If you are searching for a reliable, professional web design agency in Chester County, PA, look no further. Get in touch with us today for a free website evaluation!